Vignettes

I love to find fancy little shops
that sell lovingly-chosen antiques
or decorative items
and arrange them artfully.

"It's Gone to Her Head" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

I especially love it when the items
are unique, unexpected

"Blue Glass" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

or when there's an arrangement of items
in my favorite colors or shapes.

"Those Were the Days" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

And it never hurts to find a display with cake stands,
particularly one with pierced edges,
because I love the way they look,
even if I rarely bake a layer cake these days.

"Drunk on Possibility" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

Stumbling onto a place like that
turns a lackluster day into a creative festival,
makes me positively giddy
and just a little drunk on possibility.

What treasures have you found
in your wanderings?


****************

p.s. Take a moment today to remember the service to our country
that military veterans have rendered and their personal sacrifices,
both large and small.

And Happy 120th Birthday to Washington
which became a state on November 11, 1889.

Comments

~JarieLyn~ said…
On Monday, I went wandering around in several antique shops. I snapped lots of photos. There are these little headless figurines that I love so much. I don't know what they're called but I think they were used as some form of advertising for the clothing companies because they are very fashionable. They look like they are from the 1930's, 40's and 50's.
beth said…
ohhhh... those old bottles got my attention !!!
Ah, antiquing, one of my indulgences! Great vignettes!
I am mesmerized by the modeled hat -- perfectly composed.
rebecca said…
from the third floor, in a stunning tie together hospital gown affair,
(how did they choose "gown" as the adjective here?)
i am looking for beauty in a sterile beeping world of machines and medical marvels...i have found it. in the hands of those working their magic to save lives, offer comfort, care and a chance to return to the living.
Bee said…
Wonderful vignettes. And I like the titles that you gave them, too.

(I covet cake stands as well. Unfortunately, they take up so much room!)
those glass bottles make me very very happy.
deb did it said…
I have wandered and found true love. When I ran away from home, moved to Mexico,and became still, became me. Love crashed into me.
just yesterday I wandered into a bead shop in oberlin which was so visually stimulating and exciting I was pretty much paralyzed!

geez I wish I had known it was washington state's birthday yesterday - could have tied it in quite nicely with my monday post of significant birthdays!!

love those blue bottles

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You